Thursday, January 14, 2010

Project Runway 7.0

Back in the Big Apple!

I thought it would be a nice change of pace for the show to be in LA. But it's a New York kind of show. It was unbearably boring in LA. Maybe it was the sites they chose, the people they cast, but yawn, yawn, yawn. Of course, the sporadic judging by Nina and Michael didn't help.

Bet Mel loves the disparagement of Birmingham! But the guy does seem very funny, in a flaming kind of way. He'll at least be entertaining.

Something that strikes me with this season of PR and the last one: Burnham Productions seems have a lot of telegenic girls. I hope this season doesn't go the way of the last, where it felt like a lot of more daring, but not-so-attractive designers were offed by the pretty, not-so-talented ones (Logan, I'm looking at you).

Ping reminds me of the New Agey puppeteer/spitter from a previous season...Emilia? Elisa? Did she do any sewing or was it all draping fabrics around? Was she a toga wrapper in a previous life in Rome?

Jesus' outfit looks like it's pooping fabric, as Heidi would say. Wonder if it will when he gets to the runway. Tim's critique didn't sound promising.

As entertaining as Ms. A is, he has a good chance of going home. That dress looks like something from Mad Men, and not in a good way. Edited to add: that was before I saw the tumor on the side of the dress. Sorry, Ms. A, that kind of print calls for a simpler style.

I hate those naked Blue Fly ads.

Nicole Richie, ack, ick, yuck, poooeey. She's reminding me of Lindsey Lohan last season. "I liked it."

Oh, Jesus, you should have listened to Tim. Nina and Michael gave him some zingers: crocodile log, Hershey bar.

Oooo. editing. during the judging, Nina and Michael weren't as harsh to Jesus. I'm guessing, though, that it might be Christiana going home since they trashed her sewing and the design.

And oh, my sweet Lord, could Ping actually win????? Emilio was a good choice to win.

Yep, it was Christiane.

Overall, I liked the challenge and how they had to make snap decisions on the fabrics and then had to edit the choices. There's too many contestants right now to have a good handle on their talent.

No comments: