Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Top Chef DC! 2

So some of these chefs are starting to show their colors --- so to speak. And they aren't very attractive.

I was thinking of rooting for Tamesha since she is so young and works in a top DC restaurant, but dang, girl. Gnocchi, for kids? Are you kidding me? Don't get me wrong, I love gnocchi when done well. But not for kids.  Sherry jus for a chicken dish doesn't seem very smart to me. So maybe Tamesha was right.

And Kelly's got an ego almost as big as Angelo's. At least he can walk the walk. Can she?

Tracy was nicer this week. I think her "hick" joke last week was just that, that she wasn't serious. She just makes stupid jokes. She did seem to enjoy having her arm around Angelo.

The best thing is no one griped about cooking for kids, unlike the original TC eppy umpteen years ago. Of course this time, they had middle schoolers who aren't quite as picky.

The expression on Sam Kass' face when he asked Amanda about affording sherry but not being able to afford chocolate and her clueless response was priceless. If I already didn't want Jacleeeeeen to go home, I would have been rooting for Amanda to get the knife.

I was rooting for Tiffany to take the prize home. I mean, sweet potato and sorbet and getting kids to like it is pretty awesome. Then again, pork carnitas are pretty tasty too. With oatmeal tortillas, too!

At least they didn't off Kenny and Ed for Angelo's "gamesmanship" as Tom put it. Tom's a pretty shrewd judge of character.

Adios, Jacleeeen!

No comments: