Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lakeshore Drive run

Big run last week was in Chicago and that's one of the big pluses about the Second City. It has a terrific trail along Lake Michigan. I ran from the hotel near Michigan Avenue to the Navy Pier. Tried to do a lap around the pier, but the city had construction blocking part of it. Oh well. On south to the Shedd Aquarium and then the payoff. The sunrise was spectacular and I ran along the seawall at Shedd and Adler. As I turned around to head back, there was the Chicago skyline laid out in front of me in all its architectural glory. There aren't many manmade sights that are better.

I tried to find a sunrise skyline picture to link to. Unfortunately the few out there are on professional sites. So here's a wiki link. It doesn't show the sunrise. If you're a runner, it's worth the 6 a.m. wakeup. I got there about 7, so you can even sleep in a little if you're not too far away -- or a much faster runner (not hard to beat me). Don't waste your time at the pier!

No comments: