Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just Do It

So I thought I was lucky to do 9.5 miles this weekend and it turns out I did 10.5. Whoot. I was going to gripe about my mental block about getting to 10 until I tracked my route on google maps. Did I mention I love google maps?

Of course I was soaked to the skin by the time I got home. Took a little runner's trots break at FDR Memorial and oooh, the expression on the faces of the two women tourists chit-chatting as I came out of the stall and washed my hands. Damp hair sticking out everywhere, bright red face and wet clothes and shiny bare arms, plus the clutsy fuel bank and mismatching shirt and shorts. They looked like, OK back away slowly from the crazy person.

Went the lazy route up Louisiana Ave instead of trying the uphill Capitol route. Doing 10 miles was enough this time.

No comments: