Monday, November 5, 2007

Cellphone conversations

Let's see, on the walk home over the last two work nights, I've listened to a guy talk about how his mortgage was going to be $8,800, plus $1,100 in property taxes so that they would have $4,000 left over for other expenses. Sounds like a winner to me.

Then I couldn't help but overhear a girl's tiresome conversation about Olive Garden. uh-huh. whoo-hoo, what a great life!

And the last one was the nauseating details of another girl's hot date. I mean, it's not something I'm going to repeat on a public blog. I tried walking faster so that I wouldn't have to listen, but she seemed to pick up her pace too. And every word was annunciated clearly and loudly.

Why on earth do people blab about these things where perfect strangers can't help but overhear their convos?

No comments: